Including Septoplasty, Septorhinoplasty & Turbinate Surgery
One of the primary functions of the nose is to facilitate breathing. Problems can develop after injury or can develop from birth. Even age-related changes to the soft-tissues of the nose can also result in blockages developing later in life.
Problems with your nasal airway can effect your activities of daily living, work, ability to play sports and even a good nights sleep. After a comprehensive history, expert assessment and tailored investigations we can offer the following surgical interventions to help you breathe through your nose:
- Septoplasty / remodelling of the midline nasal cartilage
- Turbinate Remodelling / Turbinoplasty / Turbinate Resection
- Functional Septorhinoplasty with grafting to open the nasal valve
- Posterior Nerve Section (to reduce the malfunctioning nerve inputs)
- Titanium 'Wengen' Implant (acts like breathing strips embedded inside the nose)
- Nasal reconstruction
Surgery is usually performed as a day-case procedure under general anaesthetic which means you can go home on the same day and recover in the comfort of your own home. For more extensive procedures, an overnight stay may be required.
To find out more, or book into a consultation with our surgeon, please click on the button below: